The following conditions may require tooth extraction procedure:
- Teeth that are rotten which cannot be repaired to prevent infection.
- For orthodontic treatment, a tooth needs to be removed to create space.
- Damaged teeth brought about by injuries such as trip or falls and sports accidents.
- Gum disease that affects the tissues and sockets in the gum that hold the teeth in place making it to become loose.
- Overcrowded teeth which is the result of having a smaller jaw.
- Eruption of wisdom teeth which can affect the positioning and spacing of other teeth.